Students Showcase Creative Talents with Avatar Inspired Design
Two talented Craven College Media Make-up students recently took part in The Association of Hairdressers and Therapists Competition on Tuesday 09 May 2023 in Blackpool.
Lucy Douglas and Poppy Walker, both in the first year of their Level 3 course, teamed up to enter their design into the Fantasy Hair and Makeup Category with their entry centring around the film franchise Avatar.
The students used a variety of products and techniques to deliver their project, some of which included:
- Synthetic dreadlocks were plaited into the hair first as a first step
- A large braid was started at the top of the head and manipulated to form a wave design around the head
- Hair was painted black with Ben Nye hair colour
- Gold hair accessories were added to complete the look
- The blue base was created with white and blue Snazaroo face paint
- Face markings were then added with the Larocpro Circus Tent palette
- Finishing touches were then applied with Mac blue aqua highlighter
After completing the final design in just an hour and thirty minutes, Lucy and Poppy finished the day on a high when they came in 3rd out of seven teams with an impressive 279 points.
Lecturer in Media Make-up, Chloe Malik says “Lucy and Poppy were dedicated and ready for the challenge from the get-go. We are very proud to have these students represent the college and put Craven College on the map!”
Thank you to all the team at the AHT, Craven College staff and most importantly Lucy and Poppy for creating a makeup design to remember.
If you want to study Media Make-up at Craven College then applications are still open for this September. Find out more at: https://www.craven-college.ac.uk/subjects/
|Media Make-up||Level 2, Level 3|