Special Educational Needs and Disability Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
The purpose of this qualification is to develop knowledge of special educational needs and disabilities, how individuals with SEND are impacted on a day to day basis, and how to support them to live independent and fulfilling lives.
This qualification is designed for learners who are currently in a role related to SEND or for those who are considering entering into the sector.
You will study…
- Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Principles of promoting person centred approach for individuals with SEND
- Understand Equality and Diversity in context of SEND
- Understanding SEND and learning
You will be assessed by completing all the required assessments with your tutor providing feedback following completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
- Level 3 Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinators in Early Years Settings
- Level 3 Award in the Principles of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (RQF)
- Level 3 Award in the Role of the Special Educational Needs Coordinator in Private, Voluntary and Independent Early YearsSettings
- Level 4 Certificate in Supporting the Learning of Learners with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Level 4 Award in Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Leadership and Management in the Early Years
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.