You may not need to pay any fees if you enrol on the following courses and meet these age requirements:
- If you are 19+: Adult Basic Skills (English and Maths)
- If you are 19 to 23 (inclusive) and enrolling on:
- Level 1
- Full Level 2 if not already holding a full Level 2
- Full Level 3 if not already holding a full Level 3
Please ask for details if you think you may qualify or to arrange an advice and guidance appointment on 01756 708 008.
For courses sponsored by the Skills Funding Agency, you may not need to pay any fees if you come into any of these categories:
- Aged 19 to 23 (inclusive), unemployed and on active benefits (Job Seekers Allowance (JSA), Employment and Support Allowance in a Work Related Activity Group (ESA)), in receipt of Universal Credit as unemployed and have been mandated to training, or wider benefits not listed above (Council Tax Benefit, Housing Benefit, Income Support or Contribution Based ESA). You must be seeking work and the course you are undertaking should support you in finding work
- Aged 19+ and studying up to Level 2
Please Note: You will need proof of your benefit or status to claim remission from course fees. If you are seeking work and on a wider benefit, you will need to complete a declaration confirming your status. You may still be required to pay membership of any professional bodies, plus any additional costs such as for textbooks, equipment and materials, but you may be able to receive support from our hardship fund to help with some of these costs.