Printmaking – Lino Introduction
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
Lino Printing is a relief printing process. It is a form of fine art printing and can include simple design work or complex intricate artwork.
Printmaking covers a variety of methods. These include Block or Relief printing to Intaglio printing techniques. This course will introduce you to the relief printmaking processes, using the lino printing method.
Lino printing is a form of printmaking where the printing plate is cut into lino. … The lino is then inked, a piece of paper placed over it, and then run through a printing press or pressure applied by hand to transfer the ink to the paper. The result, a linocut print.
The course will
- Teach you the basic principles of lino printmaking
- Develop your understanding of printmaking processes
- Develop your drawing and design work
- Introduce you to artists who work with printmaking
- Introduce you to the reductive printing process
All materials and equipment are provided by college and included in the course fees.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.