Joinery – Introduction
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
Dovetail into this introduction to joinery and increase your knowledge and confidence in producing basic woodworking joints and techniques.
You will learn how to use tools correctly and will have the chance to learn and improve your skills, to create basic joints and methods, suitable for various tasks. You will also learn about:
- Health & Safety requirements
- Importance of accurately measuring, marking out & cutting timber
- How to use woodworking hand tools correctly to produce joints
- Create joints & finishes to be used in the production of various joinery items
This course is suitable for all levels of experience. You will be supported by tutors and be allowed to progress at your own pace. There may be the opportunity to manufacture small joinery items that can be taken home.
Please wear a pair of boots/shoes suitable for use in a workshop (no trainers)
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.