Common Childhood Illnesses Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of common childhood illnesses to enable them to support the development and wellbeing of infants and children they support/care for.
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of common childhood illness.
You will study…
- Understand How to Provide a Safe and Healthy Environment for Babies and Young Children
- Understand Common Childhood Illnesses
- Understand Health Emergencies and Specific Health Conditions in an Early Years Setting
For each unit, a set of knowledge questions are issued as the formal assessment. Your tutor will provide feedback following the completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
- Level 2 Award in Support Work in Schools and Colleges
- Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
- Level 3 Award in Preparing to Work in Home Based Childcare
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Early Years Education and Care
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).