Children & Young People’s Mental Health Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
The qualification develops learners’ knowledge and skills in the area of children’s and young people’s mental health. The successful learner will understand the factors affecting mental health and a range of common conditions experienced by children and young people.
The aim of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of mental health in children and young people which would support progression onto further qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sectors.
The purpose of this qualification is to increase learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health. By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of:
- children and young people’s mental health in context
- mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
- the impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
- support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people
For each unit, a set of knowledge questions are issued as the formal assessment. Your tutor will provide feedback following the completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
- Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).