Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
This qualification develops learners’ knowledge and understanding of a range of mental health issues, including stress, anxiety, depression, phobias, dementia and other conditions which may significantly affect the mental health of a person. Learners will be given a thorough grounding in what is meant by terminology, possible causes and triggers of each condition, how each condition can affect the lives of the people living with them, and how conditions may be managed.
This course would be of particular use to anyone who, in a professional or personal capacity, wish to know more about a range of mental health conditions in order to improve awareness and understanding.
- Understanding anxiety
- Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Understanding bipolar disorder
- Understanding dementia
- Understanding depression
- Understanding eating disorders
- Understanding mental health
- Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder OCD
- Understanding phobias
- Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Understanding postnatal depression
- Understanding schizophrenia
- Understanding stress
For each unit, a set of knowledge questions are issued as the formal assessment. Your tutor will provide feedback following the completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate for Working in the Health Sector
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 2 or 3 Diplomas in Healthcare Support Services
- Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).