Design, Surveying & Planning – Surveying & Design for Construction & the Built Environment
T Level courses have been designed in collaboration with employers to help prepare you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to work in the building service industry. During the 2-year programme, you will learn the core knowledge and skills for entry to a range of construction occupations.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in construction, specifically in surveying and design, civil engineering, building services design, or hazardous materials surveying.
By completing this qualification, you will be well-placed to develop full occupational competence.
In addition, you will undertake a minimum 315 hours (approximately 45 days) of industry placement. This is a mandatory part of the programme.
- 5 GCSEs grades 9-5 including English, maths & science
What you will study
You will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
- Health and safety
- The science behind building design, surveying and planning
- Making accurate and appropriate measurements
- Construction methods
- Building regulations and standards
- Data management and information standards in construction
- Relationship management and customer service
- How the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
- Digital engineering techniques
- Mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
- Construction design principles and processes
- The construction industry and its role in the economy
- Sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- Business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
You will also learn about topics specific to design, surveying and planning, including:
- Project management
- Budgeting and resource allocation
- Risk management
- Surveying and design for construction and the built environment
- Higher level study
- Civil Engineering Technician
- Technical Surveyor
- Building Control Officer
- Buiding Technician