T Level courses have been designed in collaboration with employers to help prepare you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to work in the building service industry.
By completing this qualification, you will be well placed to develop full occupational competence.
T Levels are assessed by two core knowledge exams in the first year and controlled assessments from an employer-set project.
In the second year, you will complete the occupational specialism assessments either relating to electrical installation. These will allow you to demonstrate the relevant knowledge, skills and behaviours gained throughout the course.
In addition, you will undertake a minimum 315 hours (approximately 45 days) of industry placement. This is a mandatory part of the programme.
- 5 GCSEs grades 5-9 – Science, Maths and English must be grade 5 or above
- Applicants will also need to attend an interview to assess suitability for the course
What you will study
You will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
- Health and safety
- Science behind building design, surveying and planning
- Making accurate and appropriate measurements
- Construction methods
- Building regulations and standards
- Data management and information standards in construction
- Relationship management and customer service
- How the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
- Digital engineering techniques
- Mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
- Construction design principles and processes
- The construction industry and its role in the economy
- Sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
- Business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
They will also learn about topics specific to building services engineering, including:
- Building technology principles
- Building services engineering systems
- Maintenance principles
- Tools, equipment and materials
- Plumbing and heating engineering
- Higher level study
- Plumbing and Heating engineer