Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
This qualification will develop the your knowledge and understanding of the underlying principles required for a variety of job roles in the adult health and social care sector including: equality and diversity, safeguarding, duty of care, health and safety, person-centred approaches and handling information.
This qualification is ideal for adults returning to work or those undergoing a career change and aims to increase knowledge and understanding of the adult social care sector. As this qualification is knowledge only, you do not need to be working or undertaking practical placements to take this qualification.
This qualification consists of 9 mandatory units:
- Introduction to duty of care in health, social care or children and young peoples settings
- Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
- Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Understand health and safety in social care settings
- Understand how to handle information in social care settings
- Understand person-centred approaches in adult social care settings
- Understand the role of the social care worker
You will be assessed by completing all the required assessments with your tutor providing feedback following completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
This qualification can support learners into employment across the adult social care sector, in a supervised capacity, including:
- Care worker in a residential home
- Community care
- Voluntary organisations
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).