Nutrition and Health Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
The purpose of the qualification is to increase the learners knowledge and understanding of nutrition and healthy eating. It covers the following areas: principles of healthy eating; nutritional needs of a variety of individuals; using food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet; principles of weight management; eating disorders and food safety for the home environment.
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating. Parents, carers, catering staff and students may find this qualification of particular benefit.
You will study…
- Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Explore principles of healthy eating
- Principles of food safety for the home environment
- The principles of weight management
- Understanding eating disorders
- Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
You will be assessed by completing all the required assessments with your tutor providing feedback following completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
- Level 2 qualifications in Hospitality and Catering
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 qualifications in Health Promotion
- Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Sport and Active Leisure
- Level 2 Diploma in Working in Care Services
- Level 2 Certificate Introducing Caring for Children and Young People
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).