If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
Why do people kill? What is Psychological Criminology? Does prison work? This course offers the opportunity to explore these questions and others within the fascinating discipline of Criminology.
This short course considers the following:
- Types of criminals
- Psychological Criminology
- Why people kill
- Types of crime
- Changing nature of crime and how we respond to it
- Crime and the media
- How we deal with criminals and how effective the prison system is
- Miscarriages of justice
- Understand the sociological, environmental, and psychological causes of criminal behaviour
- Appreciate the techniques law enforcement officers use to investigate crimes
- Consider the methods that have been developed to solve and punish crime
- Measure crime and identify the important points of criminal theory
Relevant and topical examples are presented offering the learners the opportunity to engage in class analysis.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).