Dementia Care Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
This course would be of particular use to anyone who in a professional or personal capacity wish to know more about assisting those with dementia in order to improve the quality of life for those suffering with the condition.
This qualification will develop the learners knowledge and understanding of what dementia is and how to support individuals with dementia, including understanding a range of theoretical models of dementia and types of dementia. Learners will look at the role of carers in the care and support of individuals with dementia. In particular, the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach, how to communicate with individuals who have dementia and understand behaviour in the context of dementia. The benefits of engaging in activities are also explored. This qualification is intended to update and continue the professional development of learners and to develop knowledge/skills relevant to occupational specialisation.
You will study…
- Dementia awareness
- The person centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand behaviour in the context of dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
- Understand the administration of medication to individuals with dementia using a person centred approach
- Understand the benefits of engaging in activities in Social Care
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
For each unit, a set of knowledge questions are issued as the formal assessment. Your tutor will provide feedback following the completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).