Cancer Support Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
This qualification is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of supporting adults living with cancer. It will give learners knowledge to support their work within the adult health and social care sectors, particularly those wanting to specialise in the area or develop employment/progression opportunities. It may also be useful for those providing informal care to those living with cancer.
This qualification is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of supporting adults living with cancer. It could be used as a continuous professional development (CPD) qualification for learners already working within the health care and social care sectors or for individuals providing informal care.
Yo will study…
- Cancer Awareness
- Introduction to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Introduction to cancer care and support
- Introduction to end of life and bereavement care
For each unit, a set of knowledge questions are issued as the formal assessment. Your tutor will provide feedback following the completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
- Level 3 Award in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care
- Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
- Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of End of Life Care
- Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
- Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.