Brickwork – Introduction
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
Come and learn basic bricklaying skills on this brand new course. You may even be building the next step in your career!
This course is ideal for enthusiastic individuals who want to develop their skills and learn bricklaying techniques.
This course will enable you to work with a selection of bricks and learn about their qualities and characteristics of them, including:
- Setting out various bonding arrangements
- Application of mortar, pointing and jointing methods
- Different types of finishes and methods of pointing /jointing
- Incorporate decorative panels into brickwork models
- External areas will also be available to work on and could include concreting, flagging and brick paving
All tools and materials will be provided but you will need to wear appropriate clothing and sturdy workboots
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.