This course combines academic sporting qualifications with practical skills development, coaching and competitive fixtures. With Craven Leisure as a partner, you will have use of fantastic facilities.
The sport sector is a fast-growing industry. It is currently worth £39 billion to the economy and continues to grow annually. Coaching is an area that continues to expand, with up to 3.1 million adults in England estimated to having coached sport or physical activity in the last 12 months, providing 7.6 million coach-led participation experiences per week. Come and learn how to make the most of the industry growth whilst developing your love of sport.
Aireville CampusStudy Location
1-2 Yearsdepending on Level
- Level 3 – 5 GCSEs 9-4 or Sports Development & Coaching Level 2 (Merit/Distinction) including English or maths GCSEs grade 9-4
- Level 2 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-3 including English & maths
What you will study
- Developing Personal Fitness
- Participating in Sport
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Healthy Exercise & Nutrition
- Plan & Evaluate an Exercise Session
- Programming Personal Training Sessions
- Delivering Personal Training Sessions
- Sports Nutrition
- Leadership in Sport
- Strength & Conditioning
- Organising an Event Research Project
- Sport FD
- Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Sports Nutritionist
- Sports Events Coordinator
Select your preferred study programme (subject). You can make 2 choices now and make a final decision in June. We will give you a conditional offer based on your predicted/actual GCSEs.