Plasterers are highly skilled workers and sought after in a variety of industries for the important skills they can bring to a project. Having the Plastering Apprenticeship to your name will give you the edge in gaining steady work and being successful when going against competition to gain clientele.
Plastering is a core function within the construction sector, particularly the house building and refurbishment sectors. The Government has a target to build significantly more new homes over the coming years and therefore the demand for plasterers has never been higher. You will study different techniques for indoor plastering as well as learning the skills to fix angle beads, cut and fix plasterboard, mould cornices and conserve and restore old plasterwork to its original condition. This Apprenticeship allows you to specialise in either solid or fibrous plasterwork after completion of the core learning.
- While there are no formal entry requirements for this apprenticeship, you may be required to do an Initial Assessment to ascertain your suitability for the course.
- If you do not hold a qualification in Maths & English at Level 1, you will be required to pass Functional Skills in these subjects prior to the completion of the apprenticeship.
No other specific qualifications are required as full training will be given
- Employment in the industry
What you will study
- Health & Safety
- Considerations before completing plastering work
- Dry Lining
- Application Methods
- How to produce and cast from reverse moulds, fixing and restoring cast moulds
- Safe working
- Identify and prepare surfaces for plastering
- Determine quantities and ratios of materials
- Move, handle and store materials
- Fixing and jointing plasterboard
- Plastering internal surfaces, apply three coat plastering, including heritage lime mortars and finishes, and machine applied plaster; sealings and bonding agents, re-instate plastering systems after chemical damp proof injection
- Positive Mature Attitude
- Quality Focussed
- Effective Communication
- Self-motivated Learner
- Project Manager
- Business Owner