Early Years Educators, and other job roles such as nursery nurse and childminders, are highly trained professionals who play a key role in ensuring that young children learn and develop well and are kept healthy and safe.
You can choose to work in a range of settings including full day care, children’s centres, preschools, reception classes and as childminders. You may either be working on your own or supervising others to deliver the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements set by Government for the learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years old.
As part of the Apprenticeship, you will have monthly workplace visits from a Learning Development Advisor, with 6 hours per week off the job training which will be tracked. You will build a portfolio showing your work-based evidence.
- Ideally, candidates will have 4 GCSEs grade 9-4 including English & maths or equivalent.
Apprentices without English or maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end-point assessment
- Clear DBS Check (Disclosure & Barring Service)
- Employment in the industry
What you will study
- The expected patterns of children’s development from birth to 5 years
- The importance of promoting diversity, equality and inclusion, fully reflecting cultural differences and family circumstances
- Systematic synthetic phonics in the teaching of reading, and a range of strategies for developing early literacy and mathematics
- Plan and lead activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes which include the learning and development areas of current early education curriculum requirements
- Carry out and record observational assessment accurately
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and other professionals to meet the needs of babies and children and enable them to progress
- Care and compassion
- Being team-focused
- Honesty, trust and integrity
- Work in a non-discriminatory way
- Working practice takes into account fundamental British values
- Level 3 Diploma Early Years Educator
- Level 3 Paediatric 1st Aid
- Manager of an Early Years Setting