Prevention & Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
This qualification develops learners knowledge and understanding of infection prevention and control applied to health care settings. It can be delivered as part of pre-employment training or induction. Increasing the level of knowledge of this area is part of overarching strategies to reduce the incidence of infection in health care settings therefore protecting the health of staff and users of the services.
This course is designed for anyone who would like to, or is already working in the health and social care sector. It gives a knowledge of infection prevention and control which can be useful for any role.
You will study…
- Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management in health care settings
- Principles of infection prevention and control in a health care setting
- Principles of the causes and spread of infection in health care settings
- Principles of the importance of personal hygiene and health in the prevention and control of infection in health care settings
You will be assessed by completing all the required assessments with your tutor providing feedback following completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.