Family Histories – Part 1
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
How to start researching your family history and how to progress your research.
- Differing approaches – a simple ancestral line or including the lives of ancestors in the community and place.
- Understanding parish registers and locating baptism, marriage and burial records.
- Exploring the census returns and how to construct a family from these records.
- Family history websites and resources.
A subscription to a family history database would be useful, some can be accessed for a free 14-day trial. This will be discussed during the course.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.