Awareness of Mental Health Level 3
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
This level 3 qualification is designed to increase learners’ knowledge and understanding of mental health and mental well-being.
The objectives will help learners to understand:
- mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
- how to support mental well-being through various stages of life
- mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health
- the skills required to work in a mental health service
This course is fully online so you will need regular and reliable access to suitable equipment and broadband.
You will study…
- Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing
- Promotion of mental health and wellbeing
- Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
- Understanding mental ill health
- Working in mental health
You will be assessed by completing all the required assessments with your tutor providing feedback following the completion of each. All assessments must be completed and passed in order for you to successfully achieve the qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 mental health qualification, or qualifications in healthcare or social care contexts. It will also support learner progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore no real work environment placement is required.
Studying a Craven College Distance learning course is a great way to gain a FREE* accredited qualification in your spare time! It’s the perfect solution for those with busy work or home lives who would like to study where and when it suits them.
After completing an induction, you will be provided with all the learning materials you need and will receive the highest level of support and guidance from our experienced professional tutors.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).