This apprenticeship is aimed at those who are already employed in the industry with a managerial/team-leading role. It will look at managing teams and projects to meet a private, public or voluntary organisation’s goals.
A Team leader or supervisor is a first-line management role, with operational and project responsibilities or responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome. They provide direction, instructions and guidance to ensure the achievement of set goals. Working in the private, public or third sector and in all sizes of organisation, specific responsibilities will vary, but the knowledge, skills and behaviours needed will be the same whatever the role.
Key responsibilities are likely to include supporting, managing and developing team members, managing projects, planning and monitoring workloads and resources, delivering operational plans, resolving problems, and building relationships internally and externally.
What you will study
- Leading people
- Managing people
- Building relationships
- Operational management
- Project management
- Awareness of self
- Management of self
- Decision making
- Able to communicate organisation strategy and team purpose, and adapt style to suit the audience.
- Able to build a high-performing team by supporting and developing individuals, and motivating them to achieve.
- Building trust with and across the team, using effective negotiation and influencing skills, and managing any conflicts.
- Able to communicate effectively (verbal, written, digital), chair meetings and present to team and management.
- Able to communicate organisational strategy and deliver against operational plans, translating goals into deliverable actions for the team, and monitoring outcomes.
- Able to organise, manage resources and risk, and monitor progress to deliver against the project plan.
- Applying organisational governance and compliance requirements to ensure effective budget controls.
- Able to reflect on own performance, seek feedback, understand why things happen, and make timely changes by applying learning from feedback received.
- Able to create an effective personal development plan, and use time management techniques to manage workload and pressure.
- Use of effective problem-solving techniques to make decisions relating to delivery using information from the team and others, and able to escalate issues when required.
- Takes responsibility
- Team Leader
- Project Officer
- Shift Supervisor
- Shift Manager