The T Level Technical Qualification in Management and Administration allows you to gain an understanding of what is needed to work within a business at an administrative or managerial role. Topics covered include Business Context, People, Quality Compliance, Project, and Change Management.
T Levels are new courses which will follow GCSEs and will be equivalent to three A Levels. These two-year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares learners for work.
On completion you will have knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- Business Context
- Quality and Compliance
- Policies and Procedures
- Project and Change Management
- Business Behaviours
You will need to be prepared for an intensive programme and to manage time effectively, attend regularly and meet deadlines for assessment.
Visits will be arranged to local businesses and guest speakers from industry will enable links to be made between different aspects of the course.
Your programme will also include academic writing skills and employability skills. You will be expected to undertake some research and online work and assessment for the T Level qualification in your own time. The course also includes a mandatory 315 hour work placement.
- 5 GCSEs grades 9-5 including English & maths
- Applicants will also need to attend an interview to assess suitability for the course
What you will study
- Business context – an overview of organisational cultures and values, different types of internal and external stakeholder, different forms of governance and the impact of organisations on society and the environment
- Project and change management – an understanding of the common change management theories and models and how to support and improve projects
- Business behaviours – the importance of good communication and adapting social communication styles to professional standards and according to purpose, medium and audience
- Quality and compliance – the importance of maintaining and improving quality in all aspects of public and private sector organisations
- Team leadership and management
How you will study...
Assessment will consist of two externally set and externally marked exams. In addition, you will build up a portfolio of evidence including an employer set project and an assessment relating to your chosen specialism.
- Progress to a related higher-level apprenticeship or course of study at a higher level
- Students on similar courses have progressed onto posts in administration within both the public and the private sector, retail, marketing, accountancy and junior management positions, however, this course can lead to a number of positions across different sectors including Project Management, Human Resources and Customer Services.