This course is a great place to start if you want to pursue a career in engineering. It is mainly delivered in a practical way in the workshop environment.
Welding has been taught for many years at Craven College but it is new as an exciting, full-time option. You will have access to our welding bays and industry-standard equipment.
You will have the opportunity to enter the prestigious CITB Skill Build competition. All tools, equipment and materials are provided.
Auction MartStudy Location
1-2 Yearsdepending on Level
- Level 2 – Engineering (Welding & Fabrication) Level 1 including English & maths GCSEs grade 9-2
- Level 1 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-1 including English or maths
What you will study
- Fundamentals of Engineering
- Develop Ability to Work with Hand Tools, Powered Tools & a Sheet Metal Working & Fabrication Equipment
- Gain Additional Qualifications in MMA & MIG Welding
- Develop Ability to Work with Hands-on Powered Tools
- Learn to Weld Different Joints
- Develop More Advanced Engineering Skills eg Pattern Development & Positional Welding
- Work Safely & Effectively
- Sheet Metal Worker
Select your preferred study programme (subject). You can make 2 choices now and make a final decision in June. We will give you a conditional offer based on your predicted/actual GCSEs.