This course is a great place to start if you want to pursue a career in engineering. It is mainly delivered in a practical way in the workshop environment.
Welding has been taught for many years at Craven College but it is new as an exciting, full-time option. You will have access to our welding bays and industry-standard equipment.
You will have the opportunity to enter the prestigious CITB Skill Build competition. All tools, equipment and materials are provided.
- Level 2 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-3 or equivalent including English & maths GCSEs grade 9-3
- Level 1 – 3 GCSEs grade 9-1 including English & maths
What you will study
- Working in Engineering
- Welding Techniques
- Carrying out the MIG Welding Process
- Carrying out TIG Welding Process
- Develop Ability to Work with Hands-on Powered Tools
- Learn to Weld Different Joints
- Develop More Advanced Engineering Skills eg Pattern Development & Positional Welding
- Work Safely & Effectively
- Sheet Metal Worker