Learn the basic skills essential for construction with this Multi-Skills Level 1 Certificate and learn about different aspects of bricklaying, joinery, painting and plastering.
Bricklaying, joinery, painting and plastering are all taught in our purpose built, industry standard Ribblehead Construction Building on our Aireville Campus, Skipton. This course has the advantage that you will learn the basics of all the trades allowing you to choose your favourite area to specialise in next year.
You will have access to a new Bricklaying Workshop with industry standard equipment, a well-equipped Joinery Workshop and Machine Shop where you can work on both bench and site joinery, purpose made booths for painting and decorating and bespoke bays for solid plastering and plaster boarding.
Our tutors are specialist craftspeople and have many years’ experience in the construction industry in both large and small businesses with specialisms in heritage and conservation work. You will have the opportunity to enter the prestigious CITB Skill Build competition. All tools, equipment and materials are provided on this Level 1 Certificate in Occupational Studies for the Workplace qualification.
- 4 GCSEs grade 9-1 including English or maths
What you will study
- Construct Woodworking Joints
- Fit Architrave & Skirting
- Fit Ironmongery to an Internal Door
- Health & Safety in Construction Trades
- Working & Communicating Effectively in Construction Trades
- Carpentry & Joinery Level 1
- Plastering Level 1
- Painting & Decorating Level 1
- Plastering Apprenticeship
- Painting & Decorating Apprenticeship
- Carpentry & Joinery Apprenticeship
- Bricklaying Apprenticeship
- Property Maintenance Apprenticeship
- Joinery Assistant