Barbering and male grooming is a real growth area in the industry; this exciting qualification will equip you with the skills and expertise to offer a range of Barbering services to men. Gaining this qualification will increase your employability and earning potential in this competitive and dynamic industry.
If your career aim is to be a Barber, this is the qualification for you. Working with real clients in the Academy of Hair & Beauty is a perfect way to start your career in Barbering.
Fully equipped, state of the art industry standard Salons using top professional equipment and products make an ideal platform for you to learn the practical as well as the theoretical side of Hairdressing.
You will be taught the techniques and skills to cut and style male clients’ hair to create the look they want. Visiting experts make sure you are exposed to the most up to date information and developments. As a Barbering student, you will take part in internal competitions and attend the Manchester Trade Fair.
- Level 3 – Level 2 in Barbering including English or maths GCSEs grade 9-4
- Level 2 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-3 including English & maths
What you will study
- Working in the Hair Industry
- Health & Safety
- Client Consultation
- Shampooing, Conditioning & Treating the Hair & Scalp
- Cut Hair using Basic Barbering Techniques
- Dry & Finish Men’s Hair
- Cut Facial Hair to Shape using Basic Techniques
- Promote Products & Services
- Scalp Massage
- Provide client consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes
- Provide shaving services
- On completion of a Level 3 qualification, you will be able to progress onto a degree-level qualification or a higher-level apprenticeship
- Hair Professional (Barber)