With 2,350 jobs at Leeds Bradford Airport alone and more than 3.4m passengers per annum (pre 2020) with a forecast of long term growth, there is a world of opportunities in the aviation industry, whether you are interested in being a dispatcher, cabin crew, ground crew or airline agent.
As part of the Aviation study programme, you will study the wider Aviation subject area and centre your work and projects around across this area of study.
You will study at our unique airside campus situated at Leeds Bradford Airport, one of the UK’s major airports. You can benefit from our connections to local flying schools and our specific aviation skills-based academies and courses. Your studies are supported throughout by our partnership with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays and other keys organisations including Leeds Bradford Airport.
We have recently created an Airport Ambassador Programme with Leeds Bradford Airport. In 2021, 30 Aviation Academy students were selected to become Airport Ambassadors. This will give them a unique insight into the operations of the airport and a wonderful insight into the aviation industry as well as a helping hand with their CV’s.
With access to trips, visits and guest speakers throughout your course and invitations to Aviation Skills Academies, your course will be enhanced by practical skills. Employability skills will also help you secure interviews at the end of your course.
- Level 3 – 5 GCSEs grade 9 – 4 including English or maths. Clear Disclosure Scotland check
- Level 2 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-3 including English & maths. Clear Disclosure Scotland check
- Level 1 – 4 GCSEs 9-1 including English & maths. Clear Disclosure Scotland check
What you will study
- Aviation Industry
- Aviation Terminology
- Locational Geography
- Customer Service
- Team Work
- Preparation for Employment
- Aviation Communication
- Baggage Processing
- Supporting Passengers with Special Requirements
- Ground Service Operations
- Loading & Unloading of Aircraft
- Marshalling Aircraft
- Aircraft Turnaround
- Sales Skills
- Customer Service & Problem-Solving
- Health Safety & Security in Aviation
- Cabin Crew
- Customer Service
- The Industry
- Conference & Events
- Visitor Attractions
- Business Travel
- Specialist Tourism
- Tour Operations
- Guiding & Story Telling
- Aviation Management & Operations FD
- Aviation Management & Operations – Pilot Studies FD
- Aircraft Marshalling / Dispatcher
- Airline Customer Service Manager
- Ground Operations Manager
- Airport Operations Manager
- Airport Security Manager