Learn how to service and repair vehicles using our very own fleet of cars (including hybrid) and tractors based at our Auction Mart Campus, Skipton.
Servicing and repairing our own fleet of cars and tractors in our well-equipped industry-standard workshops and investigation areas based at the Auction Mart Campus in Skipton will give you the practical and theoretical knowledge you need for a career in the world of Vehicle Mechanics.
You will be taught by Vehicle Mechanics industry specialists with a wealth of experience and skills in areas such a Construction Plant Repair, Motor Sports, Vehicle Repair and AA Patrol. You will develop your skills and ability to identify the source of mechanical and technical problems and how to fix them as well as servicing, maintaining vehicles, welding and pricing jobs.
Visits to manufacturers eg Sumo. E. Yorkshire, dealers, auctions and trade shows will keep you up to date with the latest developments in the industry.
- Level 3 – 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 including English or maths or Mechanics Level 2 (Merit/Distinction)
- Level 2 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-3 or Mechanics Level 1/Land-based Studies Level 1 including English & maths GCSEs grade 9-2
- Level 1 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-1 including English & maths
What you will study
|• Introduction to Vehicle Ignition Systems|
|• Introduction to Vehicle Valeting|
|• Introduction to Motorcycle Maintenance|
|• Health & Safety for Motor Vehicle|
|• Hybrid Vehicle Operation|
|• Hydraulic & Electrical Power Steering|
|• Faults & Diagnosis & Identifying Causes of Wear|
|• Electrical Components & Formulae|
|• Chassis Systems|
|• Auxiliary/Electrical Systems & Transmission|
|• Vehicle Inspection|
- Land-based Service Engineering Apprenticeship
- Motor Vehicle Service & Mechanic Engineering Apprenticeship
- Light/Heavy Vehicle/Motorcycle Service Technician
- MOT Technician
- Service Technician
- Tyre Fitter/Technician
- Vehicle Breakdown Engineer