Specialise in the servicing and repair of agricultural vehicles with the use of our tractors and wide range of farming machinery based at our Auction Mart Campus, Skipton.
Develop the knowledge and skills to service, maintain and repair a wide range of land-based machinery including tractors, plant machinery, 4×4, harvesting machinery and ground care machinery.
You will develop diagnostic skills, theoretical knowledge and understanding of Agricultural Engineering principles together with a range of workshop skills including welding.
The course is taught by industry experts supplemented by specialist visits and work experience to prepare you for a career in Agricultural Engineering.
- Level 3 – 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 including English or maths or Agricultural Mechanics Level 2 (Merit/Distinction)
- Level 2 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-3 or Mechanics Level 1/Land-based Studies Level 1 including English & maths GCSEs grade 9-2
What you will study
|• 4X4 Engines|
|• Farm Machinery|
|• Hydraulics Maintenance & Repair of Land-based Machinery|
|• Operation of Land-based Machinery|
|• Steering Suspension & Brakes|
|• Welding & Fabrication|
|• Wheels & Tyre|
|• 4×4 System Maintenance|
|• Chassis & Suspension Systems|
|• Diesel Fuel Systems|
|• Engine Service & Repair|
|• Harvesting Machinery|
|• Health, Safety & Welfare in the Workplace|
|• Hydraulics Hydrostatic & CVT Transmission Systems|
|• Land-based Machinery|
- Agricultural Engineering MEng
- Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)
- Heavy Goods Vehicle & PSV Mechanic
- Light/Heavy Vehicle/Motorcycle Service Technician
- MOT Technician
- Tyre Fitter/Technician
- Vehicle Breakdown Engineer