Advanced and Creative Hair Professionals are creative, passionate, and driven professionals who work without supervision, managing themselves and others when required.
They provide a quality service, whilst working to the highest standards and continuously developing their personal and professional skills. An Advanced and Creative Hair Professional works in the hair industry, which is one of the largest, most trusted and fashion-forward professions. They take ownership of their work and client lists, accept responsibility, are proactive, flexible and adaptable, plan their work and time, they aim for excellence by taking exceptional pride in their work and industry. They are highly skilled and experienced individual professionals who deliver hair fashion-forward trends, which are innovative styles inspired by current images and their own creativity, individual flair, imagination and interpretation.
- Ideally, candidates will have 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C) including English and maths or equivalent. Apprentices without English or maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end-point assessment.
- Level 2 Hairdressing Professional Apprenticeship or equivalent qualification plus industry experience
- Employment in the industry
What you will study
- Researches fashion-forward trends,
- Knows how to create a collection of hairstyle looks using a range of models and methods of recording the collection
- Knows how and when to use sectioning and cutting guidelines
- Know how to use precision and personalised cutting techniques
- The considerations to be taken into account when using advanced colour conversion techniques
- Carry out in-depth consultation and complex analysis of the client’s hair to plan, create, and style the collection of hairstyle looks
- Carry out tests and an in-depth complex consultation of the client’s hair and scalp to plan and agree on the creative colour conversion service
- Remove artificial colour
- Correct highlights and lowlights
- Use precision and personalised cutting techniques
- Use creative finishing and dressing techniques
- Evaluate the results of the service and provide advice on future services and products
- Facilitates safe working practices
- Flexible and adaptable
- Professional Development
How you will study...
- Monthly workplace visits from a Learning Development Advisor
- College attendance 1 day per week during term time
- 6 hrs per week ‘off the job training’ tracked
- Portfolio building – work-based evidence
- Salon Supervisor
- Salon Manager
- Colour Technician/Specialist
- Freelance Hair Stylist
- Senior Stylist