Skip to main content


Welcome to the Enrolment 2022. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about what to do when you enrol at Craven College.

Below you will find different enrolment sections depending on what course level you want to enrol on. Please click on the relevant area for further information. If you have a question about enrolment, please read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section on this page. If you can’t find the answer you need, then please contact us via live chat, or the following contact details:

Full-time Courses: 01756 791 411,

Part-time Courses: 01756 693 309,

I applied for an Apprenticeship how do I enrol?

If you have applied for an apprenticeship, please send an email to our apprenticeships team via email who will be able to advise you on your application and the next steps that you need to take.

I am a returning student but I haven’t had any communication from the College.

Please email Customer Services – who will be able to advise you on your progression options.

What is enrolment?

Enrolment is the process to register you as a student. It involves ensuring the information that we have for you is correct and confirm that you will be studying with us on your chosen programme.

When will I be enrolled?

If you are studying a Further Education course (eg A levels, BTECs, T Levels) then your enrolment date and time are below.
Please note: All students will be enrolling on the Aireville Campus in Skipton unless you are an Aviation Academy student. Aviation Academy students will enrol at the Aviation Academy based at Leeds Bradford Airport.

Thursday 25 August 2022 – 10.00am – 7.00pm

  • New student surnames beginning A-G – 10.00am -2.00pm
  • New student surnames beginning H-P – 2.00pm – 7.00pm

Friday 26 August 2021 – 9.00am – 3.00pm

  • Surnames beginning Q-T – 9.00am – 12.00noon
  • Surnames beginning U-Z 1- 2.00noon – 3.00pm

Tuesday 30 August to Friday 02 September – 9.00am – 12.30pm

Monday 05 September – Thursday 08 September 4.00pm – 6.00pm


If you are enrolling on a Higher Education course (Foundation Degree, HNCs, Degrees)  you will be able to enrol online from 18 August (link coming soon) or if you prefer to enrol in person please come to our Degree Enrolment Session:

Thursday 08 September 4pm – 6.30pm – Aireville Campus

Thursday 18 August – 10am – 1pm & Thursday 08 September – 4pm – 6.30pm – The Aviation Academy students only

What if I can’t make my allocated enrolment date?

Please attend one of the sessions during the Late Enrolment or Evening enrolment timeslots – see FAQ ‘When is enrolment’

When will I get my Student ID card?

You will receive your student ID card on the day you enrol as the last part of your enrolment process.

When will I receive my timetable?

Once you have enrolled you will receive an email to inform you how to access ‘Proportal’, a system where you will access your individual learning plan and view your timetable.

When does term start?

The main college term starts on Monday 05 September however you may not start on this date. At enrolment, you will be given a welcome card from your course tutor with their contact details, the start date of the course and the room number you need to meet them in at the start of term.

When are the academic term dates for this year?

You can find the Craven College term dates for 2022- 2023 here – Term Dates

Do I need to wear a uniform/need equipment/are there trips involved on my chosen course?

All essential information about your course can be found on the Craven College enrolment webpage. Here you find all the information you need to know about uniforms, equipment and any planned trips, with links to make any payments and purchases from the college, or you will be directed to the College’s chosen supplier.

Financial Support
Fees – will I have to pay anything?

To find out more about any fees you might need to pay, please ring Customer Services on 01756 791 411 (9am – 3pm) or email:

What financial support is available?

Please see the financial support flowchart on our website. This will help you to identify if you are eligible for support and in which areas. This link will take you there

Advanced Learner Loans

The government offer an Advanced Learner Loan that can be used to cover the cost of the course fees, the loan is non-means tested and doesn’t need to be repaid until you are earning over £27,295. Please visit for further information.

If you have not submitted an application to the College please do so as soon as possible, following a successful application you will be sent an email with details on how to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan. Already applied, but don’t have the loan info? Please contact Customer Services on

Can I get financial support for Travel Costs?

Yes, if you have a household income of £33,000 or under, you can claim a Travel Bursary of up to £200 per term. Terms and conditions can be found here

Coming from Lancashire? You can get a free bus pass if you have a household income of £33,000 or under.

How do I get to College Campuses?

Please see our travel support section for information about different travel routes plus discount passes which you may be eligible for.

Also, see our travel leaflet

If you’re travelling by train, check out our video on how to get to College from the train station in Skipton – Watch the video

Disclosure Scotland & DBS
DBS (Disclosure and Baring Service) – Do I require a DBS?

DBS is required for students studying on one of the following courses: – Childcare (Early Years Educator) or Health and Social Care.

We are holding a DBS application event for students on those courses on 28 July (an invite will be sent to applicants by post)

If you are unable to attend the event you can still apply for your DBS at enrolment, please bring the following documents with you.

Students will need to have three pieces of evidence in total to complete their DBS application:

You are required to provide TWO pieces of evidence from Group 1 and ONE piece from Group 2.

Group 1

– Birth Certificate
– Valid Passport
– Biometric Residence Permit
– Valid Driving Licence
– Valid Provisional Driving Licence
– Adoption Certificate                                                
– National Insurance Number

Group 2

– Bank/Building Society Statement
– Bank/Building Society Letter
– Parent/Guardians Tax Credit Award (applicant must be named in the award)
– School Letter (not from Craven College)

Students undertaking a work placement may need to take a DBS depending on their work placement of choice, this will be discussed with you by the Work Placement team.

The DBS will not cost you anything.

Disclosure Scotland (for Aviation Students only) – I live in England and not Scotland so should I apply for the Disclosure and Baring Service (DBS)?

No, ‘Disclosure Scotland’ is the document used by Leeds Bradford Airport for security clearance and has nothing to do with where you live. Aviation Academy students are asked to apply for a ‘basic’ Disclosure Scotland and the cost of this is £25 and each individual student needs to apply for this online. Aviation students need their Disclosure Scotland Certificate number to enrol onto an Aviation Academy course. To apply for a Disclosure Scotland document please follow this link Apply for basic disclosure – .

If you have recently applied and are waiting for the actual certificate, you will be able to give a reference number at the time of your enrolment.

English & Maths GCSEs
Will I be able to re-sit my GCSE English and Maths?

Yes you will be able to study your GCSE/Functional Skills English & Maths alongside your main course.

What are my options for studying GCSE English and Maths?

If you are aged 18 and below (16-18yrs old), you can either complete Fresh Start or study a Level 2 course and take both GCSE English and Maths alongside the course.

If you are under 16, please refer to the guidance here: and in the first instance contact Julie Atkins via

If you are 19+ and are not studying a full-time course, you can study your GCSEs on a part-time basis. For further details about part-time English & Maths please visit here:

Support & Advice
Careers Advice – What if I need help to understand my options?

If you require careers advice to help you choose which course to study or to help you understand your options please contact our Careers Lead, Yvonne Hoyte via  or 07736 417 314 to arrange an appointment.

Is support available for exams and courses?

Craven College has a Specialist Support Unit managed by professional staff to support students who may need to be supported with coursework. They can support you whether you have a learning difficulty/disability or not. If you require any exam support and would have received some at school, please make sure that you declare it on your enrolment form. If you have completed your enrolment but haven’t declared that you need support, please email Customer Services on who will pass your email on to the Specialist Support Team. The Specialist Support team can also carry out assessments for exam support and you may be able to get support even if you wouldn’t have had it at school.

As well as a Specialist Support team who can support you with exams and class work, we also have pastoral support. We have a team of dedicated mentors, progress coaches and counsellors who can provide you with support.

Are there things I can do alongside my course to improve my chances of getting a job?

Our Work Experience team can help you find work experience that you will take part in alongside your course. If you wish to look for a part-time job our careers team can assist you with developing your CV, practising interview skills and exploring career ideas, all of which will increase your chances of getting a job in the future. Please start thinking about sourcing a work placement over the summer.

Can I go to University after completing a Level 3 course?

Yes, if you complete the course successfully. The qualification you study and the grade you achieve will determine the number of UCAS points you can achieve, UCAS points are requested by universities as part of the entry criteria.

What is the difference between school and college?

In College you get treated more like an adult. At College you have more independence as you will be expected to organise your time between lessons, manage your workload, you will not have to wear a uniform, unless your course (e.g. Aviation) has an industry-style uniform.

I’ve applied but I’ve not had any reply from the College

If you’ve made an application to Craven College and not had any response via email or text then please contact our Customer Services Team who will be happy to look into this for you. You can contact them via webchat, email or call 01756 791 411.

I applied for a Level 3 course but what if my grades are not good enough?

Please don’t worry. If your grades do not meet the entry requirements for Level 3, you will be able to study a Level 2 course for a year and then progress to Level 3. If you don’t get the required grades for GCSE English & Maths you will be able to retake them at College.

I am not sure what course to apply for

If you would like to speak with the Careers team, please contact Yvonne Hoyte via to book an appointment.

When is the deadline for applications for full-time courses?

We have been taking applications since October last year and this will continue until courses start in September. However, we do take applications on a first come first serve basis as some courses tend to fill quickly. So please apply online as soon as possible.

Scroll Up