An Information Communications Technician (ICT) provides support to internal and/or external customers, by using tools or systems to problem solve and trouble-shoot problems.
An ICT apprentice could be installing and configuring computer systems, diagnosing hardware and/or software faults, solving technical and applications problems, either remotely or in person.
Auction MartStudy Location
18 Months - 2 Yearsdepending on Level
Level 3Qualification Level
1 day / fortnight/month (term-time)College Attendance
- Ideally, candidates will have 5 GCSEs grade 9-4 (A*-C) including English and Maths or equivalent. Apprentices without English or Maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to taking the end-point assessment.
- At least a Level 2 in IT/Computer Science
- Employment in the industry
What you will study
- Approaches to backup and storage solutions
- Principles of root cause problem solving using fault diagnostics for troubleshooting, cloud and cloud-based services, virtual networks and components, physical networks and components, disaster recovery, network infrastructure architectures
- Interpret technical specifications relevant to the ICT task
- Establish and diagnose ICT problems/faults using the required troubleshooting methodology and tools
- Provide technical support to customers both internal and external through a range of communication channels
- Works professionally, taking initiative as appropriate and acting with an ethical approach
- Communicates technical and non-technical information in a variety of situations to support effective working with internal or external stakeholders
- Help Desk Technician
- First or Second Line Support
- IT Infrastructure Technician
- Network Support
To apply for an Apprenticeship, please complete the online application form and our Apprenticeship Team will contact you to arrange an interview.