To deliver a defined range of English and ESOL courses to meet curriculum requirements and quality assurance procedures.
This post may require travel across College and community sites in North and West Yorks.
A full DBS Certificate via the Disclosure and Barring Service will be required. You will need to provide an up to date fully enhanced DBS.
This job description is a guide to the duties you will be expected to perform immediately on your appointment. These may change in the future in line with the strategic direction and development of the College.
- To prepare for and deliver training on a range of courses in line with customer requirements;
- To develop and improve appropriate teaching and learning materials to support curriculum delivery including flexible learning programmes;
- To develop and carry out appropriate assessment of students’ work, in accordance with College and awarding body standards and be involved in internal verification and/or moderation if required;
- To promote, develop and evaluate a range of provision within the curriculum area;
- To keep abreast of new developments in the field and evaluate new approaches to curriculum delivery;
- To be responsible for updating the subject specialism including continuing professional development;
- To be responsible for marking and monitoring students’ progress;
- To carry out administrative and recording tasks relating to your course(s) in line with Quality Assurance procedures, self-assessment, and awarding body requirements and to maintain necessary records and documentation;
- To be proactive in raising standards on the courses delivered in relation to learner success and customer satisfaction;
- To attend mandatory team meetings and staff development as requested by your Line Manager and to be an effective team member;
- To liaise effectively with management and staff across the College;
- To participate in the College’s appraisal scheme in line with College Policy;
- To provide guidance, advice to support to students in accordance with College Policy and in conjunction with the Line Manager;
- To assist with the marketing and promotion of courses;
- You will be expected to be fully conversant with and implement the College’s range of equality and diversity and safeguarding policies and procedures, to ensure the health, safety and welfare of all learners and staff;
- To ensure that interaction with learners is inclusive, fosters good relations between different groups of people, pays attention to specific needs identified through assessment, and being mindful of cultural or gender differences;
- Any other duties commensurate with grade and status as may reasonably be requested
- Appropriate academic or professional qualifications:
- Qualifications to minimum level 3 or equivalent and/or relevant vocational experience in the subject specialist area;
- Teaching qualifications or willingness to work towards
- Level 2 or equivalent qualification in Maths and English;
- An excellent current working knowledge of the subject area;
- Ability to work flexibly and on own initiative to meet the needs of the College;
- Ability to maintain relevant records and documentation accurately;
- Willingness and ability to undertake further professional development;
- Ability to achieve high standards working under pressure and with minimum supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Up to date enhanced DBS. (Issued within the last 3 months if you have not worked in education or 12 months if you have been working in education)
- Degree-level qualification/and or highly qualified in the appropriate subject area;
- Relevant industrial experience;
- Previous experience of teaching and training ideally in the Further Education sector and/or adult community delivery.