The Nail Services industry offers many opportunities and career pathways; it is closely linked to the fashion industry which is fast and ever-changing. This course will push your levels of creativity in advanced nail art techniques through experimentation, trial and error.
Our commercial Nail Salon gives you the opportunity to fine-tune your skills whilst working on real paying clientele as a full-time student. You will be working in our professional Nail Salon, building up your communication and customer service skills by working front of house, using the most up-to-date equipment including the latest LED lamps and professional products from BrillBird.
Topics covered throughout your studies will range from looking at nail skin health and hygiene, to techniques in nail art, acrylics, gel extensions, manicure, pedicure and nail designs.
Our tutors are highly qualified practising Nail Technicians with a wealth of experience and industry know-how, so you will be kept up to date with new and emerging trends and techniques.
Visits, such as to the Professional Beauty North Show in Manchester, will reinforce your learning and ensure you are on-trend. Regular workshops from industry specialists, for example, Nubar nails, extend your knowledge of the industry.
Competition entry is also encouraged, and Nail Services students have had particular success in the WorldSkills UK events.
- Level 3 – Nail Services Level 2 (Merit/Distinction) including English or maths GCSEs grade 9-4
- Level 2 – English and/or maths GCSE grade 4
- Level 1 – 4 GCSEs grade 9-1 including English & maths
What you will study
- Introduction to the Hair & Beauty Industry
- Presenting a Professional Image in the Salon
- Provide Basic Manicure Treatments
- Provide Basic Pedicure Treatments
- Skin Care
- Nail Enhancements (Pink & White)
- Nail Art Services
- Manicure Services
- Pedicure Services
- Reception Duties
- Promote Additional Services & Products to Clients
- Develop & Maintain Your Effectiveness at Work
- Health & Safety
- Apply & Maintain Nail Enhancements – Acrylic Gel & Wraps Sculpt & Tips
- Advanced Nail Art Techniques
- Develop a Range of Creative Nail Images
- Create an Image Based on a Theme
- Enhance Nails Using Electrical Files
- Contribute to the Effectiveness of the Business
- Working With Colleagues within Beauty Related Industries
- Monitor & Maintain Health & Safety Practices in Salon
- Nail Bar/Salon
- Beauty Salon
- Cruise Ship
- Hotel Spa
- Product or Manufacturing Company