The Beauty and Spa industries are diverse and exciting, from working in salons, spas, hotels or cruise ships; whichever one you choose will be inspirational, challenging and exciting.
At the Craven Style Academy, you can train either as a full-time student or as an apprentice to gain the skills of a beauty professional. With fully equipped, modern commercial salons using top professional equipment and products, you can develop industry-standard Beauty Therapy skills in an exciting and dynamic real working environment.
Our tutors are professional Beauty Therapists in their own right and come with years of experience in all aspects of the beauty industry from massage to waxing, facials, skincare, make-up application, eyelash and eyebrow treatments, pedicures and salon duties, and regularly update their skills ensuring you have the best tuition and guidance.
Visits to events such as the Professional Beauty Trade Fair in Manchester ensure you are well-versed in all the latest trends.
Opportunities in the beauty industry are far-reaching, with exciting scope for qualified Beauty Therapists to progress to a salon manager position and work in the fashion and hairdressing industries. Representatives from companies such as Steiner visit College to highlight careers available on board cruise ships.
- Level 3 – Level 2 Beauty Therapy including GCSE English or maths grade 9-4
- Level 2 – GCSE English and/or maths grade 9-4
What you will study
- Advise & Consult with Clients
- Provide Facial Skincare
- Health & Safety
- Provide Manicure Treatments
- Provide Pedicure Treatments
- Apply Make-up
- Provide Eyelash & Eyebrow Treatments
- Remove Hair Using Waxing Techniques
- Create an Image
- Promote Products & Services to Clients
- Reception Duties
- Client Care & Communication in Beauty-Related Industries
- Monitor & Maintain Health & Safety Practices in the Salon
- Promote & Sell Products & Services to Clients
- Provide Body Massage Treatments
- Provide Indian Head Massage
- Facial Electrical
- Hot Stone Massage
- Massage using pre-blended Aromatherapy Oils
- Fashion & Editorial Make-up FD
- Prosthetic Make-up Effects FD
- Beauty Therapist
- Image Consultant
- Make-up Artist
- Massage Therapist
- Salon Manager