What is Positive Progressions?
Positive Progressions is a project which is part of the Building Better Opportunities programme, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund (NLCF) and the European Social Fund (ESF). The project is being delivered in Selby, Craven, Harrogate, York and the rural villages around these areas.
How Does Positive Progressions work?
Long-term mentoring support from Keyworkers and intervention activities from Intervention Partners will help 130 of the most disadvantaged individuals and families in the community who are experiencing a wide range of complex challenges. Together, they will help participants to overcome barriers and move closer to job-search, training, education and employment. Keyworkers will be the main point of contact for participants throughout the project and they will provide initial engagement, assessment and ongoing support. We will do this by:
- Providing outreach activities to engage participants.
- Having a holistic assessment of each individual’s needs, followed by tailored support.
- Sign-posting and referrals to mainstream and other services.
- Offering support to access services for overcoming health-related barriers.
- Providing accessible support to become work-ready.
“I THINK THE DIFFERENCE IS WE DON’T HAVE AN AGENDA. WE TALK TO PARTICIPANTS AND FIND OUT WHAT THEY NEED AND THEN DO THAT”
Positive Progressions aims to:
Put together a CV and look for jobs
Gain more skills and training
Improve health and wellbeing
Take up volunteering and mentoring opportunities
Who is eligible to take part in the Project?
Someone is eligible to join the Project if:
- They are legally resident in the UK and able to take paid employment in the European Union member states, and they are unemployed or economically inactive
- The participant in the family is aged 18 and over
- They have a goal to move towards gaining employment
Who can the project help?
The project will help individuals within families who are at risk of being socially isolated from their community. They will receive a tailor made package of one to one support with a dedicated Keyworker. The Keyworker will focus on helping them to increase confidence and resilience, and develop skills that will help them to support themselves and their families. We will work with Intervention Partners to help us provide the most appropriate assistance. Here are some of our partners:
How do I refer a participant?
If you are aware of a person who might benefit from the Positive Progressions Project, please contact: Craven, Harrogate, York and Selby areas – contact 01756 693 306 or email: email@example.com