Action Towards Inclusion
Helping tackle poverty and social exclusion
Do you know someone who requires one to one mentoring support to move them towards employment?
The key worker will be based at Craven College and will flexibly meet the needs of the Craven community by offering mentoring and support through a one to one service to meet the needs of the individual. Specific project activities can include:
- Outreach activities to engage and encourage the participants
- An open door policy with advice and guidance will work on a 1-1 basis, with an empathic and non-judgemental view
- Holistic assessment of each individual’s needs, followed by a tailored support plan with realistic goals set out with and by the participants
- To support and guide participants to access other services and agencies
- To further support the participants in enabling them to access services to help overcome health-related barriers
- To help the participant in the undertaking of, volunteering, educational studies, or being work-ready
- To give continued support to the participant within the areas they have chosen
Eligibility: 18 years old or older, legally allowed to work in the UK.
Craven College is in a unique position as not only have they got the services of a key worker, they are also in a position to support participants on the programme with a variety of vocational studies, to support the participants to break down perceived barriers, to instil confidence in their own ability to move towards being either work-ready or to access full or part-time education.
We also have financial support for the participants to help support them within the project, including childcare and travel costs.
Some of the activities and support the College can offer which are a key part of a participant’s CV to gain employment are:
The College can also offer vocational tasters, workshops, have-a-go sessions in:
- Agriculture & Countryside
- Arts, Fashion & photography
- Beauty & Nail Technology
- First Aid
- Mind, Body & Soul
Interventions can be 1:1, small groups, in trusted local settings.
For more information, please call 01756 693 309