As part of a teaching team of experienced professional performance makers, we have produced exciting theatre and live art projects which give our students the opportunity to gain professional experience making and managing new performance work. My aim is to produce graduates who can offer extensive creative versatility, who want to be at the cutting edge of performance culture, who want to develop their skills in experimental and sub-culture practice and contemporary performance to enhance this amazing industry.
- Ongoing Work - NODA NE Weekend Coordinator
Responsible for coordinating the NODA NE Annual Conference and Weekend which is held annually at the Spa in Bridlington
- Ongoing Work - Semi Professional Theatre Producer and Director
Winning awards for Best Director at the Wharfedale Festival and Outstanding Production for Evita from the National Operatic and Dramatic Association.
- 2008-2014 - Youth Advisor (Voluntary) National Operatic and Dramatic Association – North East England
Responsible for the advice and guidance on current legislation, safeguarding and child performance and protection issues
- 2014-Present Day - Subject Sector Leader for Media, Performance and IT
Responsible for all teaching, learning and assessment in the subject area of Media, Performance and IT and lead the teaching, technical and support staff in these areas
- 2005-2014 - Programme Tutor for Performing Arts at Craven College
Responsibilities included the planning, teaching and assessment of the performing arts curriculum
- 2003-2005 - Drama Teacher responsible for Community Drama at Airedale High School, Castleford
The teaching of Drama to Key Stage 3 and 4, GCSE Drama and A Level Drama and Theatre Studies
- 1997-2003 - Head of Drama and Dance and Head of House at The Ridings School, Halifax
Responsible for the leading of the Drama and Dance Department for the school from Key Stage 3 & 4, GCSE Drama and A Level Drama and Theatre Studies