Textiles Level 1 Award
Does colour, print and fashion excite you? On this course, you can combine Fashion and Printed Textile Design by designing and creating your own printed fabric and simple fashion accessory.
During this course you will explore the following topics whilst learning new skills and techniques. You will complete a portfolio of your work which will be assessed in order to achieve the qualification.
- Creating a mood board to start the design process
- Learning how to create a textile print
- Printing onto fabric and paper
- Using a design process to create a fashion accessory
- Making a fashion accessory
- Basic pattern cutting
- Sewing skills
- Learning and using printing techniques
- Researching textiles and fashion design
- Fashion and colour predictions
- Creating a portfolio of work
- Jobs within the fashion industry
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, you may find it helpful if you have completed an introduction to Fashion and textiles course.
For your safety, please wear closed toe shoes.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.