Stonework – Introduction
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
Would you like to work with stone? This is a very exciting opportunity to learn how to wall natural dry and wet stone walling.
This course is ideal for enthusiastic individuals who want to develop their skills and learn how to work with stone.
During this course, you will:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to be able to demonstrate walling techniques, setting out, using profiles, curved and battered walling
- Learn methods used for cutting and mixing mortar
- Learn how to bed on stone copings and edgings, flags and ground preparation along with various pointing finishes
- You will participate in practical walling activities in and around the college campus
All tools and materials will be provided but you will need to wear appropriate clothing and sturdy workboots.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.