Painting & Decorating – Introduction
If the Enrolment Status is 'available for enrolment', select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Enrol button.
A short course of handy hints to help you improve your DIY painting skills
This course, designed as an introduction to painting and decorating, covers the basics of preparing surfaces, and applying paint and foundation papers.
The course will allow you to start to gain knowledge of how to correctly paint and decorate. We will be covering
- Preparing surfaces
- Hanging foundation papers (Lining)
- Applying paint by brush and roller
We will provide you with all the equipment you need to carry out the practical tasks. However it is very important to practice in a safe working environment so please dress appropriately:
- Bring your own overall – or alternatively some clothes you don’t mind getting paint material on
- Wear covered shoes/boots (ideally steel toe caps)
- Wear a top with sleeves (t-shirts are acceptable)
- Avoid wearing jewellery
- Ensure that long hair is tied up
Part-time courses are term time only. See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £18,525 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.