Horses – Trimming & Pulling
If the Enrolment Status is 'available for enrolment', select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Enrol button.
Are you wanting to prep your horse for show season? On our one-day course you will learn how to trim and correctly pull your horses mane & tail.
On this course you will learn:
- How to pull a horse’s mane & tail safely
- How to trim your horse
- Understand what products are available for grooming
Clothing you’ll need to wear:
- Sturdy footwear (ideally boots/wellies)
- Warm clothing, it can get chilly on the yard!
- How Horses Work: The Basic Biology
- Introduction to Feeding Horses
- Introduction to Clipping Horses
- Intermediate Clipping Horses
- Introduction to Lunging Horses
- Intermediate Lunging Horses
- Saddlery for Horses: Introduction
- Saddlery for Horses: Intermediate
- Horses: How to Plait
- Horses: Minor Health and Wound Care
- Pasture Management for Horses
Part-time courses are term time only. See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £18,525 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.