Horses – Plaiting
If the Enrolment Status is 'available for enrolment', select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Enrol button.
Let’s plait! During our one-day workshop we will show you how to prepare and plait a mane and tail.
On this course we will run through:
- Why do we plait
- Preparing the mane
- Equipment available
- Plaiting a mane with bands and thread.
- Plaiting a tail
To join this course you must have experience of handling horses and be confident around them.
Clothing you’ll need to wear:
- Sturdy footwear (ideally boots/wellies)
- Warm clothing, it can get chilly on the yard!
- How Horses Work: The Basic Biology
- Introduction to Feeding Horses
- Horses: Trimming & Pulling Techniques
- Introduction Clipping Horses
- Intermediate Clipping Horses
- Intermediate Lunging Horses
- Saddlery for Horses: Introduction
- Saddlery for Horses: Intermediate
- Horses: How to Plait
- Horses: Minor Health and Wound Care
- Pasture Management for Horses
Part-time courses are term time only. See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £18,525 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.