Horses – Pasture Management
If the Enrolment Status is 'available for enrolment', select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Enrol button.
Does your horse want the grass to be greener? This course will help you manage and maintain pasture
On this course we will run through:
- Managing the pasture – How to make the most out of it
- Essential Maintenance – Related to seasons
- Grass nutrients and poisonous plant control
- Checking water supply
- Daily checks
The clothing you’ll need to wear:
- Sturdy footwear (ideally boots/wellies)
- Warm clothing, it can get chilly on the yard!
- How Horses Work: The Basic Biology
- Introduction to Feeding Horses
- Horses: Trimming & Pulling Techniques
- Introduction Clipping Horses
- Intermediate Clipping Horses
- Intermediate Lunging Horses
- Saddlery for Horses: Introduction
- Saddlery for Horses: Intermediate
- Horses: How to Plait
- Horses: Minor Health and Wound Care
- Pasture Management for Horses
Part-time courses are term time only. See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £18,525 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.