Family Histories – Part 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
Do you want to progress your family history skills and knowledge?
This one-day beginners course will follow on from Part 1 and equip you with the skills you need.
- Family history websites, resources and software
- Exploring wills and probate records and their use in extending family trees
- Occupations, trade and industries – what did our ancestors actually do?
- Putting it together to build a profile of a family
A subscription to a family history database would be useful, some can be accessed for a free 14-day trial. This will be discussed during the course.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.