Dry Stone Walling – Introduction
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
* Only free for North Yorkshire addresses/Postcodes – there would be a fee for anyone in the West Yorkshire/Lancashire addresses/Postcodes – please ring before applying
Ever wondered how a drystone wall is constructed? Well, now’s your chance to learn how and actually have a go yourself!
You will cover:
- Wall dismantling technique
- Stone sorting & cauterisation
- Rebuilding or repairing a wall
- Tools recommended for walling
You will need to bring steel toe capped boots/wellies, boiler suit/coveralls & waterproof coat & trousers.
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations).