Dog Grooming Assistants Level 2 Certificate
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
Dog tired of your career? Start a new one with this Dog Grooming Assistant certificate.
Learn the skills to start a career in the Dog Grooming industry and equip yourself with the expertise you need to work under supervision in a professional Dog Grooming salon.
You will be taught and assessed in a well-equipped salon and customers bring their dogs in for you to practice your newly acquired skills.
You will undertake assessments to demonstrate your knowledge and skills, including those needed for the mandatory units below.
- Prepare & groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe & clean dogs
- Clean & maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals
- Control & restrain animals
- Dry dogs & prepare their coats for styling
- Basic trimming of a dog’s coat
You will need to purchase a Dog Grooming kit, further details will be given at enrolment
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.