Dog Grooming Assistant Level 2
If the Status is available, select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Proceed button.
* Fee remission may be available for this course, visit Fees and Funding for further information
Dog tired of your career? Start a new one with this Dog Grooming Assistant Certificate
Learn the skills to start a career in the Dog Grooming industry and equip yourself with the expertise you need to work under supervision in a Dog Grooming salon.
You will undertake assessments for all mandatory units 1-6 (total of 18 credits) plus a minimum of 5 credits from the optional units. Total credit value of 23 credits.
- Prepare & groom dogs prior to bathing
- Bathe & clean dogs
- Clean & maintain equipment used for grooming or removing hair from animals
- Control & restrain animals
- Dry dogs & prepare their coats for styling
- Basic trimming of a dog’s coat
- Carry out reception duties
- Handle payments from clients
- Welcome, receive & care for visitors to sites
- Move animals between locations
- Maintain the cleanliness & bio security of the animal care working environment
Part-time courses are term-time only.
See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £20,319 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.