Complementary Therapy Level 2
If the Enrolment Status is 'available for enrolment', select below by ticking the left hand box and then click the Enrol button.
Have you ever thought about working within the complementary therapies industry? This course could be the start of your new career.
During this course you will learn the following skills:
- Consultation techniques – to include understanding the needs of clients and when not to treat them
- Basic massage techniques – to include classical massage movements and selecting a suitable massage medium for the client
- Basic aromatherapy techniques – to include using pre-blended oils and adapting the treatment to suit the client’s specific needs
- Basic reflexology techniques – to include basic treatment techniques such as thumb walking, finger walking, relaxation and breathing and adapting the treatment to meet the client’s specific needs
Plus the following knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding required to perform the complementary therapy treatments listed above, anatomy and physiology of the body, common diseases and disorders and reasons that may affect whether a client should or should not be treated
- Introductory knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice of complementary therapies
- Introductory knowledge and understanding of business practice in a complementary therapy context
- Introductory knowledge and understanding of healthy eating and well-being in a complementary therapy context
Skills and knowledge will be assessed through practical observation and 3 x short assignments.
This course runs on a Tuesday and Thursday each week.
Part-time courses are term time only. See our term dates for further information.
Did you know that some of our courses are free if you earn less than £18,525 (£21,255 if you live in West Yorkshire, difference in qualifying earning amounts is due to local authority funding regulations). Call 01756 693 309 for further information.